Knowledge Mobilization Internship
The primary goal of this internship is to undertake foundational work in the development of knowledge mobilization plans for newly funded or renewed research programs coming out of CIFAR’s latest Global Call for Ideas. The intern will support the development of the knowledge mobilization plans, which articulate the potential long-term broader impacts that a research program could have. To assist with the development of these plans, the intern will identify the relevant thought leaders in non-academic sectors and communities that CIFAR should engage to help realize this impact over time as well as identify strategies for achieving that impact.
Through this position, the intern will develop career-building skills in knowledge translation, communications, stakeholder engagement, and project management. The project will be supported by training and mentorship provided by the Senior Officer, Knowledge Mobilization at CIFAR.
For this position, the intern will:
- Build a comprehensive understanding of developing and executing a research program’s plan for creating societal impact;
- Identify the key sectors and non-academic communities that could help drive that societal impact and their corresponding priorities, challenges and alignments;
- Identify the key sector players and primary venues for knowledge sharing that CIFAR should engage.
- Current or recent graduate of a graduate-level program.
Core Professional/Technical Knowledge & Skills required for the position:
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of knowledge mobilization.
- Exceptional research and analysis skills to examine relevant stakeholder communities and develop recommendations on findings.
- Excellent communication skills to develop reports on key findings.
- Strong project management and organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to synthesize complex information on different topics and translate it into accessible language.
- Highly self-motivated with an ability to work independently and as part of a cross-functional team.
- Strong relationship development and management skills.
Position reports to: Senior Officer, Knowledge Mobilization and Lead, Heath & Society
Term of position: May 2019 – August 2019
Start date: May 2019
Contact: Please send resume and cover letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Knowledge Mobilization Internship in the Subject Line. The deadline for submitting your application is January 27, 2019 at 11:59 pm.
One of CIFAR's core cultural values is Diversity - we value diversity and aspire to be inclusive in all aspects of our work. CIFAR is an equal employment opportunity employer and is strongly committed to removing systemic barriers and biases, and by promoting the practice of inclusivity, so that all individuals have equal access to and benefit from the work we do. We encourage applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to diversity within our organization.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
CIFAR is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com and include the term 'Accessibility' in the Subject Line, or call 416-971-4251. Please provide your name, preferred contact method, and a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require. Please include any materials or processes that may be used to ensure your equal participation.
CIFAR frequently communicates in both official languages and our preference is to hire employees who are fluent in both English and French where possible. Other languages are also considered an asset.
We thank you for your interest in working at CIFAR. All applications will be reviewed however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.