CLOSED: Applications are no longer being accepted for the 2017 Winter School
If you are looking for the 2018 call for applications, please click here for the applications
Successful applicants will:
- Participate in interactive lectures from 8 top scientists
- Work in small groups led by one of the lecturers to draft a proposal for a review article. Top proposals will be selected to move forward to become full drafts for publication.
- Engage and socialize with peers and colleagues in an idyllic setting.
- Receive two intense workshops on science communication including:
- Presentation skills bootcamp
- Effective science writing
Lecture topics will offer a diversity of perspectives on consciousness including: neuroimaging/biomarkers, philosophy, computational approaches, and animal models.
Confirmed lecturers will include: Tim Bayne, Jacqueline Gottlieb, Aniruddh Patel, Anil Seth, Sandra Waxman, Melanie Wilke, Robert Zatorre, amongst others.
Interested applicants must be senior (3rd year or later) PhD students, or post-docs. Applicants are required to submit a CV as well as a 1-page discussion of their research that details how the winter school would benefit their future scientific careers. All expenses will be paid for successful applicants.