The CIFAR Neuroscience of Consciousness is a unique, four-day event where tomorrow’s neuroscience leaders will work closely with world-class researchers studying the neuroscience of consciousness.
Successful applicants will:
- Participate in interactive lectures with 6 top scientists
- Work in small groups led by one of the lecturers to prepare and deliver a short group presentation
- Give flash talks to a small audience of peers and colleagues
- Engage and socialize with peers and colleagues in an idyllic setting
- Receive two intense professional development workshops:
- Presentation skills bootcamp
- Early career work-life balance panel discussion led by a group of CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars
Lecture topics will offer a diversity of perspectives on consciousness (e.g., neuroimaging, biomarkers, animal models) and related topics (e.g., metacognition, awareness, implicit vs. explicit learning and memory).
Confirmed lecturers are: Morgan Barense, Srivas Chennu, Axel Cleeremans, Nancy Kanwisher, Alexandra Rosati and Nick Turk-Browne among an audience that will also include esteemed neuroscience researchers.
Interested applicants must be senior (3rd year or later) PhD students, or post-docs. Applicants are required to submit a CV as well as a 1-page discussion of their research that details how the Winter School, and interactions with the confirmed lecturers, would benefit their future scientific careers and their work related to consciousness. All expenses will be paid for successful applicants.
Applications are now closed.