As a CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholar, you’ll receive:
- A two-year appointment to a CIFAR research program
- $100,000 CDN in undesignated research support
- Specialized leadership and communications training
Global Scholars are appointed to a research program for two years, becoming part of a global network of leading researchers pursuing answers to some of the most difficult challenges facing the world today. You’ll forge new collaborations with mentors and colleagues from diverse disciplines. Experts will help you hone your leadership and communication skills to prepare you to be an influential leader within academia and beyond.
Applicants can be from anywhere in the world, but you must hold a PhD or equivalent degree and be within your first five years of a full-time academic appointment. Your research must align with the themes of an eligible CIFAR research program.
How to Apply
The application period for 2016 cohort has now closed. A second call for applicants will be issued in winter 2017.
Applications are submitted online through CIFAR’s application system. They must include three letters of recommendation from at least one faculty member or equivalent and preferably one non-academic leader.
The application will require you to answer questions about:
- Your research and how it complements the CIFAR program you would like to join
- Ideas for collaboration with fellows in the program
- Your leadership experience to date
- Your engagement with non-academic communities or interest in such engagement
Please download the full program description for all eligibility and application requirements.
Please contact us with any questions.
This program is sponsored by: