Nicholas Turk-Browne Cognitive Neuroscientist
Nick Turk-Browne uses behavioral, neuroimaging, computational, and patient studies to develop an integrated understanding of the mind and brain. The theme of his research is that cognitive processes like perception, attention, learning, and memory are inherently interactive, and that exploring such interactions can be an especially effective way to understand how these processes work. As an example, he has published extensively on ‘statistical learning’ — an automatic, often unconscious process by which we extract and represent regularities in our experience and use them to generate predictions and facilitate processing.
• Young Investigator Award, Vision Sciences Society, 2016.
• Distinguished Scientific Award for Early Career Contribution to Psychology, American Psychological Asso, 2015.
• Robert L. Fantz Memorial Award, American Psychological Foundation, 2014.
• Rising Star, Association for Psychological Science, 2012.
• M. Aly, N.B. Turk-Browne, N. B., "Attention promotes episodic encoding by stabilizing hippocampal representations." Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 113, E420-E429, 2016.
• N. C. Hindy, F. Y. Ng & N.B. Turk-Browne, "Linking pattern completion in the hippocampus to predictive coding in visual cortex." Nature Neuroscience, 19, 665-667, 2016.
• M.T. deBettencourt, et al., "Closed-loop training of attention with real-time brain imaging." Nature Neuroscience, 18, pp. 470-475, 2015.
• N.B. Turk-Browne, "Functional interactions as big data in the human brain." Science, 342, pp. 580-584, 203
• J. Zhao, N. Al-Aidroos & N.B. Turk-Browne, "Attention is spontaneously biased toward regularities." Psychological Science, 24, pp. 667-677, 2013
Senior Fellow Azrieli Program in Brain, Mind & Consciousness
Princeton UniversityDepartment of Psychology
PhD (Cognitive Science/Artificial Intelligence) Yale University
MS (Cognitive Psychology) Yale University
MPhil (Cognitive Psychology) Yale University
HBSc (Cognitive Psychology) University of Toronto
No Assets Found
Sorry, we did not find any assets matching these filters.